Big Daddy's Spicy Smoked Sausage w/ Red Beans & Rice
28 oz Big Daddy's Smoked Sausage (Mild or Hot), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
2 pounds dried red kidney beans
5 bacon slices, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
5 celery ribs, sliced
2 green bell peppers, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
64 oz chicken broth
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
Hot cooked rice
1. Place kidney beans in a Dutch oven. Cover with water 2 inches above beans, and let soak 8 hours. Drain beans; rinse thoroughly, and drain again.
2. Sauté bacon in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Add smoked sausage and salt pork; sauté 5 minutes or until sausage is golden brown. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3. Stir in beans, broth, 2 cups water, and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 hours or until beans are tender. Remove salt pork before serving. Serve over rice.
4. While waiting, write an email to your family bragging about the awesome dinner you prepared for your family featuring Big Daddy's Smoked Sausage!
Note: For quick soaking, place kidney beans in a Dutch oven; cover with water 2 inches above beans, and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 1 hour. Drain and proceed with recipe.
Big Daddy's BBQ Brown Sugar Delights
6 1/2 pounds Big Daddy's Smoked Sausage (Mild or Hot)
2 18oz Bottles of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
2 Cups Pure Cane Dark Brown Sugar
1. Divide Big Daddy's Sausages between two ungreased 13" x 9" baking dishes. Combine BBQ sauce and brown sugar; pour over sausages and toss to coat.
2. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring once.
3. While baking, call your friends and tell them you are having Big Daddy's Smoked Sausage for dinner!
Yield: About 24 servings
Big Daddy’s Smoked Sausage on the Grill
w/ BBQ Pig's Feet
6.5 pounds of Big Daddy’s Smoked Sausage
8 fresh pig's feet, split in half lengthwise
2 quarts water
2 cups white vinegar
2 large onion, coarsely chopped
2 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped
¼ cup crushed red pepper, flaked
3 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups barbecue sauce
1. Wash the pigs' feet well. Place them in a large pot and pour in the water. Add the vinegar, onions, green peppers, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Heat to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until just about tender, about 2 1/2 hours. Skim the surface and stir the pigs' feet occasionally during cooking.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the pigs' feet from the broth with a slotted spoon (reserve the broth for cooking greens or vegetables). Arrange feet side by side in 2 baking pans large enough to hold them in a single layer. Spoon the barbecue sauce over feet and bake 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 300 degrees and continue cooking until tender, about 35 minutes.
3. While the pig feet are cooking, put the Big Daddy’s Smoked Sausage on the grill for approximately 20 minutes. When sausage is done - throw those nasty pig’s feet away and enjoy Big Daddy’s smoked sausage!
Big Daddy's Crock O’ Sausage:
28 oz Big Daddy’s Smoked Sausage (Hot or Mild)
3 or 4 medium potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
15oz can of green peas un-drained
15oz can of chopped tomatoes, un-drained (plain, spicy or seasoned if you like)
2 cubes beef bouillon
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 ½ cups of water
1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
2. Cook on low 6-8 hours until done
3. Dream about eating Big Daddy’s Smoked Sausage all day
4. Realize your dreams and enjoy Big Daddy’s Smoked Sausage for dinner with your family
Yield: About 4-6 servings